3.5.5 Editing Tools
You may paste code or text from the Windows Clipboard. Use these tools to copy and paste selected code.
To use editing tools:
- To toggle whether or not to allow editing in the editing pane, from the Edit menu, choose Allow Edit content.
- To select a whole area:
- Click anywhere in a navigation view.
- From the Edit menu, choose Select All. The whole area is selected.
- To select part of a sector, click and drag the cursor over some code. You may select code this way in either the HEX area or in the text area.
- To copy HEX data, if you selected code in the HEX area, from the Edit menu, choose Copy Formatted. Selected HEX data is copied to the Clipboard.
- To copy text data, if you selected code in the text area, from the Edit menu, choose Copy. Selected text data is copied to the Clipboard.
- To paste
data from the Clipboard:
- Click the cursor in the area where you want to paste data.
- From the Edit menu, choose Paste. The data appears.
- To discard all changes that you have not saved yet (if any were made) and roll back settings to the way they were at the last save, from the Edit menu, click Revert Chages.
- To save changes, click Save.
Note: By default, you cannot edit content in Active@ Disk Editor. You must choose "Allow Edit Content" in the Edit menu in order to change the code.
Note: For more detailed instructions and support, see the Active@ Disk Editor User Guide.